Understanding your birth chart helps a lot as using it, we can figure out – why are we behaving in a certain way, take important life decisions, and become a better human being. You can create your birth chart using the bylaws of Vedic astrology (Jyothisham Malayalam) – one of the ancient forms of divination.
Ideally, your horoscope chart is nothing but a pictorial representation which covers the following 4 components:
● Houses (Bhavas)
● The Planets
● The Signs
● The Aspects
Your zodiac circle is divided into 12 individual components aka the houses, which are being ruled by a particular sign and represent a certain area of your life based on the earth’s 24-hour rotation around its axis.
● First House – Ruled by Mars, it’s also known as Lagna (or Ascendant) and governs your physical appearance and the first impression you make on others.
● Second House – Ruled by Venus, it caters to your finances, personal belongings, and also focuses on your self-esteem, and worth
● Third House – Ruled by Mercury, it governs your communication style, thought processes, and even cognitive functioning
● Fourth House – Ruled by the Moon, this house talks about your emotional foundation, determines your roots, and connection with the ancestors.
● Fifth House – Ruled by the Sun, this house highlights your playful side, creativity, pleasure, and romance.
● Sixth House – Governed by Virgo, this house talks about your daily life, determines your problem-solving skills, and attitude towards routines, scheduling, and organisation.
● Seventh House – Ruled by Venus, it revolves around partnerships, marriage, business partnerships, etc. and checks your attitude towards such unions.
● Eighth House – It’s the house of transformation, ruled by Pluto, and talks about rebirths, change, addiction, regeneration, etc.
● Ninth House – Ruled by Jupiter, this house expands your belief system, personal philosophies, and rules your higher learning.
● Tenth House – This house is governed by Saturn and talks about your career, achievements, fame, or the desire to achieve success in life.
● Eleventh House – Ruled by Uranus, it talks about your hopes, aspirations, and dreams you wish to achieve in life.
● Twelfth House – It’s ruled by Neptune and highlights your subconscious state, governs your Karma, and your growth.
In Malayalam jyothisham apart from 12 houses, the position of different planets at the time of your birth is important. The placement of these planets in your horoscope chart represents different aspects of your personality. Here’s a quick overview:
● Sun – The most important planet that defines your likes/dislikes, interests, and how you express and identify yourself.
● Moon – It governs your emotional attachments, your habits, your mindset, and keeps a tab on what you’re most comfortable with and what discomforts you. It gives you a complete overview of the feelings you share with others. Feelings of jealousy, anger, fear, great joy, sensuality are all heightened.
● Mercury – It defines your communication style, your thinking ability, your problem-solving skills, your interests, and what you’re most curious about. In your online jyothisham, Mercury is either the same as your Sun sign or the sign just before/after your Sun sign.
● Venus – It governs your romantic relationships, your luck and fortune, and even keeps your monetary status in check.
● Mars – It controls your motivation, your aggression, confidence, your physical strength, and stamina, and how much of a risk taker you are as an individual.
● Jupiter – Your ethics, life philosophy, luck, knowledge, etc. are all controlled by Jupiter. It highlights where you’ll receive monetary benefits, and also defines your generosity.
● Saturn – This planet talks about your life ambitions, goals, your feelings, etc. and oversees your career, business, and wealth prospects.
● Uranus – It’s about change and is known for triggering unexpected events in the life of an individual like love at first sight, accidents, etc.
● Neptune – This planet highlights factors like - what inspires you, and what may deceive you. It’s all about illusion, confusion, imagination, and creativity.
● Pluto – This planet represents the areas where you feel powerless, where you want to be at the forefront, and where you experience a transformation. It’s about big events in your life discarding the old ones to make room for the new.
In Vedic astrology, there are 12 zodiac signs wherein each sign has its strengths, weakness, character traits, personality, attitude towards life. All the 12 zodiac signs belong to one of the 4 elements – Air, Water, Fire, and Earth.
Astrologers can easily make predictions about your personality, choices, likes/dislikes, etc. simply by analysing the projection of these planets, the Sun, and the Moon on your natal chart and allowing us to better understand our potential and make the best of our positive traits.
Aspects are the angles which planets make with each other. They indicate the view or Drishti of a planet or a sign. Aspects between different planets and houses are quite common. In Vedic astrology, there are two types of aspects – Major and Minor and it’s believed that focusing on the Major Aspect is best.
Out of 12 zodiac signs, Aries, Libra, Cancer, and Capricorn are called movable signs, while Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius are fixed signs. The remaining four signs namely – Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces are referred to as dual/common signs.