Planetary combinations (Yogas) play a prominent role in astrology. Astrologers often include the power of Yogas while considering major life events like business development, childbirth, naming the child, and marriage, among others.
Just like Yogas have constructive powers, there are a plethora of planetary combinations that could be destructive and lethal. Many Graha Doshas could stall progress or derail your path to a happy existence.
In this article, we are going to talk about 7 important Graha Doshas and remedies to overcome these doshas.
Kaal Sarp Dosh:
Kaal Sarp Dosh is caused when a person’s Rahu is placed in the 10th house and Ketu is placed in the 4th house, and the rest of the planets are squeezed in between. When a person has a planetary alignment like this in their horoscope, it is said that they would have a slow life full of struggles like unhappiness, marital disputes, difficulty with family members, debt, and struggle to rise among others.
It is also believed that these situations arise from the misdeeds of their past life of which they are paying the debt. It is said that people with Kaal Sarp Dosh have a fear of snakes as it is believed that they would have killed innocent snakes and other reptilian creatures in their previous lives.
Kaal Sarp Dosh Remedy:
As a remedy to appease the planets responsible for Kaal Sarp dosh you should chant:
- Om Namah Shivaya 108 times a day
- Maha Mritunjay mantra daily
- Offer Rudrabhishek on the night of Mahashivaratri and offer your prayers to Lord Shiva
2. Pitra Dosh
Pitra Dosh is when a person has to carry the burden of the sins caused by their ancestors and repent for their sins during the cycle of his/her life. The person with Pitra Dosh will have to repent for the sins committed by ancestors in the forms of various punishments. Few punishments or life events that could indicate the presence of Pitra dosh are marital disputes, unable to conceive a child, frequent domestic quarrels, stunted financial growth, etc.
Pitra dosh is caused when the planets in the 9th house or the lord of the 9th house, or the sun or Jupiter are in conjunction with Rahu and Ketu.
What are the remedies for overcoming Pitrudosh
- Chant the Pitru dosh nivaran mantra
- Charity towards brahmins in the form of feeding and donating red-colored garments should be done on occasions like Sankranti and Amavasya.
- Pray Lord Shiva and inculcate water in a banyan tree daily. Ideally, plant the tree in front of your house.
- Perform certain Shradhs that pay respect to your forefathers and seek their blessings
3 Nadi Dosh:
Nadi Dosha, also known as Nadi Maha Dosha is one of the most important planetary combinations that astrologers look for before a couple is ready to get into the alliance called marriage. There have been several scenarios where the presence of Nadi dosha became the reason for canceling marriage proposals across the world.
Nadi Dosha effects include lack of physical intimacy between couples, inability to conceive, marital discords, offsprings are born mentally challenged, etc. Often people who don’t consult an astrologer before getting married turn up to one to seek Nadi Dosh remedy after marriage to ensure that they have a smooth and happy married life.
Nadi Dosha remedies are:
- The person with the Dosha should perform a Nadi nirvana puja with the utmost grandeur.
- Donating cows have an effect in Nadi dosha cancellation
- Women with Dosha are first advised to marry a form of Vishnu and then marry a human to nullify the vicious power of this Dosha
- Either partner in the relationship should avoid adultery in any circumstance and should consider counselling if any major marital disputes arise.
- Guru Chandal Dosh:
Planet Jupiter (Guru) is considered auspicious, and it majorly contributes to the formation of characteristics like liberalism, education, wealth, and social service in a person. But sometimes, when Guru is in planetary conjunction with Ketu, Guru Chandal Dosh occurs and this planetary combination has the power of creating havoc and long term distress. This term has its roots in Sanskrit where Jupiter is referred to as Guru and a demon is referred to as Chandal.
The effects of Guru Chandal dosh are:
- The person is easily attracted to things that are unholy and evil
- The native will find it extremely difficult to excel in education, and his/her career will witness significant damage
- The person will find himself in financial debt most of the time
- Marital disputes will become an everyday thing, and conflicts could even affect the relationship between a father and a son
- The person could be susceptible to cardiovascular conditions like Asthma, Bronchitis, and other forms of complex conditions like cancer and autoimmune diseases
- The person becomes attracted to danger and is often seen putting his life at risk along with those around him/her
- There is a chance that the person will become impossible to deal with and create distance between himself and his close circles
- There is a possibility that the person could be convicted of wrongdoings and certain jail time could be involved in this context
- The person will be skilled at many arts and practices but will not be able to ascertain superiority in any field
Guru Graha remedies are
- Performing the Chandal Yoga Nirvana Pooja
- Finding solace in the arms of Vishnu and offering soulful prayers to alleviate himself/herself from any negative influence
- Another one of the prominent guru remedies is to wear a Do-Mukhi Rudraksha to shield himself from the negative influence of Rahu and Ketu
- The person affected by this can find solace in offering prayers to Lord Ganesha
- Wearing yellow-colored clothes is considered good
- Participating in acts of kindness towards animals and birds helps in warding the negative effects caused by this planetary combination
- The native should show utmost respect and affection towards his parents, siblings, teachers, and elders
- Mangal Dosh:
Manglik are people whose planetary combination has Mars sitting in the second house, and this is considered extremely inauspicious. Often people with mangal dosh are not considered as a preferred match for marriages.
It is believed that when a person marries a person with a Mangal dosh or if she is a Mangalik, they would suffer from lack of wealth, lack of sexual intimacy after marriage, lack of resources to invest in appliances that could remove the burden of doing physical chores to run daily life. It is also believed that there are high chances of infidelity and adultery in these relationships.
However, there are certain remedies one can perform to remain unaffected by the negative influence that Mars could bring to their life. Those Mangal Graha remedies are:
- Make it a practice to chant the Gayatri Mantra one hundred and eight times a day
- Ensure that you chant ‘Hanuman Chalisa’ at least once a day
- If you can visit a temple of Lord Hanuman and chant ‘Om Shreem Hanumante Namah’ at least 108 times a day. If you are unable to visit a temple every day, make it a point to perform this in front of an idol or a picture of Lord Hanuman.
- Visit the temple of Lord Hanuman on Tuesdays and make offerings to the lord made of sweets and vermillion. Lighting lamps that are fuelled by Ghee is also considered a good ritual.
- Donating red colored clothes is considered auspicious
- On Tuesdays, try to donate food prepared from Red gram and wheat. It is also considered auspicious if you donate sharp tools like knives along with red garments.
- Grahan Dosh:
Grahan dosh also popularly known as Chandra Grahan dosh and Surya Grahan Dosh is one of the most nefarious dosh that one could have in their planetary alignment. This occurs when they have their sun and moon in conjunction with Rahu and Ketu.
The effects of Grahan Dosh are often ghastly and cause some serious turmoil and trouble for the affected person. The most prominent effects are:
- It becomes for the married couple to conceive and in cases where they have conceived, their children are prone to illness.
- The marital dispute is an everyday occurrence.
- There could be multiple instances of miscarriage.
- The affected person is prone to get affected by forms of mental distress like developing new phobias, depression, and may develop bipolar conditions.
There are a few Chandra Grahan remedies renowned astrologers recommend to counter the effects of this planetary alignment. These remedies are also applicable to those who are looking for Surya Grahan dosh remedy(s). They are:
- If you have a guru, find solace by offering your unconditional respect and services to him.
- if you have a Surya Grahan dosh, then, you should offer water to the planet sun every day. Make it a daily practice to chant the ‘Aditya Hriday Strotam’. It is advised to skip consuming salt or salt-based food products on Sundays. Donating red-colored garments to a girl child is also considered auspicious.
- if you have the Chandra Grahan Dosh, then it is advised to make kheer and feed to female children. It is also advised to donate white-colored garments.
- To nullify the negative effects of Rahu and Ketu, it is advised to pray to Lord Shiva and Lord Hanuman.
- Make it a point to chant the Mritunjay mantra 1,25,000 times.
- Gandamool Dosh
When a person’s planetary alignment has the natal moon in any of the six stars among the 27 stars, then it is called as the Gandmool Dosha. These six nakshatras Ashwini, Revati, Magha, Ashlesha, Jyestha, and Moola are known to be ruled by Rahu and Ketu.
This Dosha is considered inauspicious as it affects both men and women from a deeper level.
Most prominent effects of Gandamool Dosha are:
- The common belief in Hinduism is that the children born in this planetary alignment will bring vast amounts of misfortune to their parents, their grandparents, and closest family members
- They will overly attach themselves to the miseries of others around them and relentlessly look for a solution and more than often this could put them against dire situations that are unpleasant
There are a few Gandmool dosha remedies that one can opt to disrupt the negative vibes caused by this alignment. To begin with, it is imperative to understand that more than 20% of the people in the world have this Dosha, and it is not lethal.
- If you have Moola, Magha, and Ashwini as your stars, then, offer prayers to Lord Ganesha, it helps resolve the distress caused by this
- As a charitable act, feed as many brahmins as you can to cleanse your past karma and gain some good points in this life
- Performing the Gandmool Shanti pooja 27 days after the birth of the child should cleanse the baby of this distress
- In these 27 days, it is imperative that the father of the child not see the baby boy/girl
If you want to assure yourself, or you are in doubt yourself about this, you can consult an astrologer to check Gandamool Dosha or use a Gandmool dosha calculator online to gain insights into this planetary alignment.
While these are the seven most prominent Graha Doshas that astrologers and spiritual leaders talk about the most, there are other doshas like Shani Dosha, Shrapit Dosha, and Chandra Dosh that you should look up to know more about the influence of Rahu Dosha and Ketu Dosha.
Also, if you have any queries that preliminary research is unable to answer, you could consult learned Yogis and astrologers to know about the comprehensive list of doshas in the horoscope and how a dosha could influence a person and the steps he could take nullify the effect or reduce the impact to a greater extent.