Durga Pooja worships Goddess Durga, who eliminates obstacles resulting in happy marriage, successful business and good health.
What is Durga Puja :
Durga puja is performed to invoke the blessings of Goddess Durga in eliminating obstacles and problems in life brought in by enemies
Who should perform Durga Puja :
Devotees who have been facing problems caused by their adversaries, those who have Kuja dosha in their horoscope, and also those seeking blessings of prosperity and affluence can perform this puja.
Why is Durga Puja Done:
Durga Puja bestows:
- Spiritual wisdom, peace and prosperity.
- Wealth and affluence.
- Shields the devotee from various threats.
- Eliminates obstacles caused by foes.
- Eliminates Graha dosha, specifically Kuja Dosha.
- Durga Puja is recommended as a remedy for Shatru Dosha.
When is Durga Puja Done (Auspicious times):
Auspicious days to perform the Durga puja are Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. Consult a priest to know your auspicious muhurat.
Where is Durga Puja done:
Puja can be performed either at your home, temple or as per the priest’s instructions.
How is Durga Puja done (observances and rules):
- Devotees performing the puja must avoid any negative thoughts.
- Must sit facing eat while performing the puja.
- Should be clean physically.
- Wear clean clothes.
- Avoid external distractions during the puja.