After work, we all head to our homes as that’s the safest place for each one of us. The construction of a house requires a 100% commitment from your side and involves multi-tasking. Across all components, the roof of the house plays a vital role as it safeguards you from heat and keeps your family safe.
Regular roof maintenance and a timely replacement must be done so that it maintains the structural integrity of your home. Any leak or poor design can collapse your entire house and can lead to other collateral damage.
Once the land is chosen, you must take into consideration the Vaastu dates 2020 to find out shubh muhurat for construction of the house and bring in more health, wealth, and prosperity. As per the Vaastu guidelines, construction should never start during the Ashada Shukla to Kartik Shukla.
Simple Vaastu Tips for Roofs
Vaastu Shastra has been in existence since ages and is one of the most widely popular architectural sciences often recommended by astrologers when it comes to regulating the construction of both residential and commercial properties.
If you’re trying to find a shubh muhurat for house construction especially w.r.t the roof, these Vaastu tips can benefit you:
- Ensure there’s no seepage or leakage of the rainwater
- If you’re putting a slope, ensure it’s balanced and even on both sides. For best results, keep the slopes either in the North or East direction. Avoid South and West directions
- Keep your smoke chimneys in the South or West direction of the building, and avoid placing them in the North-east or North direction
- If you’re planning to keep water tanks on your roof, prefer placing them in the South or the West side of the roof. Avoid the North-east, East, and North direction to minimize adverse effects
- If you have a flat roof, then keep your water tanks on a raised platform. Also, keep the slopes in the East or North direction
- In case, your roofs are pyramid in shape, and you plan to provide skylight windows, ensure they’re facing either the North or the East side of the roof
- Always keep your roof tiles in good shape. If you find any broken tiles on your roof, replace them immediately
- The slopes for pyramid-shaped roofs should be kept even on both sides.
- If your roof is split into multiple segments to get better elevation and aesthetic value, make sure that the South-west roof level and the carpet wall are a little higher than the other sides. The level of the sloping roof should be less at the North-east side when compared to the South-west side.
What Are Good Days to Start House Construction in 2020?
In the Hindu tradition, starting any new task requires one to check for special muhurat to get the best results. So, if you’re also on the lookout for the best time to start house construction as per Vaastu, the following list of dates can help you:
- Auspicious days in May 2020 –
- Auspicious day in July 2020 –
- Auspicious day in August 2020 –
- Auspicious day in November –
- Unfavorable Week Days – Tuesday
- Favourable Stars: All fixed stars (Rohini, Uthram, Uthradam, Uthrattathi), all friendly stars (Makayiram, Chithra, Anizham, Revathi), Chathayam, Chothi, Anizham, Atham, Pooyam
- Unfavorable Tithis: All riktha tithis (Chaturthi, Navami, Chaturdashi) and Krishnapaksha Ashtami, Amavasi
- Unfavorable Nithya Yogas: Vishkambha, Athigandha, Soola, Gandha, Vyaghata, Vajra, Vyathipatha, Parikha, Vaidhriti
- Unfavorable Karanas: Vishti
Apart from these common Panchanga shuddhi checks, the general astrological quality based on the horoscope for the moment is also analyzed. Factors such as Solar and Lunar eclipses, Sankranti, and Sandhyakalam are also considered.