Skip to content
Location of Staircase
- Southern or south-western portions of the building are ideal for locating staircase.
- Do not design staircase of a building in the north-east portion.
- The steps should climb from east to west or from north to south.
- If there are landings or turnings in a staircase, it should wind up in the clockwise direction.
- The number of steps in a staircase should be an odd number so that if you start climbing the steps with the right foot, you will reach the higher floor on the right foot itself.