Skip to content
Guidelines for Shops
- Loft or mezzanine floor should be in the western, southern or south-western sides.
- Show cases, racks etc. should be against the west and southern walls.
- Counters should be designed in such a way that the salesmen face either east or north and the customers face west or south.
- Heavy items of machinery should be kept in west, south and south-west sides only.
- Toilets should not be in the north-east corner.
- Entrance to the shop is ideally from the north-east portion.
- The cashier should sit facing north or east.
- The cashier should not sit in the north-east or north-west corners