- Ideally, devotees should consume only Satvik food once on Dwadashi day before sunset. They should sleep on the floor and observe Brahmacharya or celibacy from Dwadashi.
- On Ekadashi day, they must wake up at dawn during the Brahma Muhurtha, and finish their daily routine and cleansed their body.
- They must visit a Vishnu temple and offer Mangal Aarti and prayers. Alternatively, they may also offer their prayers at home and offer Aarti at home in their Pooja room.
- After offering Aarti, they must then provide water and deep (Lamp) to Tulsi Devi and go around the Tulsi plant three times.
- They must sit beside the Tulsi plant and chant the mantra “Hare Ram Hare Ram Ram Ram Hare Hare..Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare.. Hare Ram Hare Ram Ram Ram Hare” as many times as possible.
Diwali, the festival of lights, is fast approaching, and auspicious days precede the Diwali celebrations. One such day is the Rama Ekadashi. Rama Ekadashi vrat is also known as Karthik Krishna Vrat or Rambha Vrat and is celebrated a few days before Diwali every year. This is one of the most significant Ekadashi vrat (fast) in the Hindu religion. Devotees observe these fast to be absolved from all their sins. On this day, devotees perform Pooja for Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi. Goddess Lakshmi is also known as Rama and hence the name Rama Ekadashi. Rama Ekadashi in 2021 According to the Hindu calendar, Rama Ekadashi falls every year on the 11th day of Karthik month during Krishna Paksha. This year, it will be celebrated on November 1, 2021. According to Hindu Puranas, Lord Krishna had stated to Arjuna that whoever observes this fast religiously would attain Vishnu Lok after his death. Rama Ekadashi Pooja Timings Sunrise: 6:36 AM on November 01, 2021 Sunset: 5:44 PM on November 01, 2021 Ekadashi Tithi Begins 2:27 PM on October 31, 2021 Ekadashi Tithi Ends 1:22 PM on November 01, 2021 Dwadashi End Timing: 11:31 AM on November 02, 2021 Hari Vasara End Timing: 6:54 PM on November 01, 2021 Parana Time 6:36 AM – 8:50 AM on November 02, 2021 Rama Ekadashi Vrat – Vidhi to observe fast