Akshaya Tritiya 2023: A day for new beginnings and eternal blessings
Akshaya Tritiya holds immense significance in the Hindu calendar. It is celebrated on the third tithi (lunar day) of the Shukla Paksha (waxing phase) in the month of Vaishakha, when the Sun is at its brightest in Mesha Rasi during daytime and the Moon is at its brightest during nighttime while stationed in the Rishaba Rasi. This unique alignment of celestial bodies is believed to bless the Earth with the best of both worlds, that of the Sun and the Moon.
- Akshaya Tritiya 2023: A day for new beginnings and eternal blessings
- Akshaya Tritiya 2023 Dates and Timings
- Akshaya Tritiya Puja Vidhi
- Mantras to be chanted while offering the puja.
- What to donate on Akshaya Tritiya
- Significance of Akshaya Tritiya
Every second of this day is considered auspicious. While it is popularly known as the best day to purchase gold, Akshaya Tritiya is also considered an ideal time for new beginnings. The word Akshaya means that which does not undergo kshaya or that which never diminishes.
When is Akshaya TritiyaAkshaya Tritiya 2023 is on Saturday, 22nd April.
Akshaya Tritiya 2023 Dates and Timings
Akshaya Tritiya 2023 will be celebrated on Saturday, April 22. The timings are as below: Akshaya Tritiya Puja Muhurat – 07:49 AM to 12:20 PM Duration – 04 Hours 31 Mins Tritiya Tithi Begins – 07:49 AM on April 22, 2023 Tritiya Tithi Ends – 07:47 AM on April 23, 2023 Akshaya Tritiya 2023 – Gold Purchase Timings — April 22, 07:49 AM to April 23, 05:48 AM
Get Your Wealth and Fortune Horoscope
Akshaya Tritiya Puja VidhiOn this day, devotees wake up early in the morning and, after taking a bath, perform puja and worship Lord Vishnu, Lord Ganesha, Goddess Lakshmi, and Lord Kubera. The puja rituals to be performed on Akshaya Tritiya are explained below. Devotees must ensure to clean their houses properly. The following items are required for the puja ritual – sweets made from milk, sandalwood paste, incense sticks, flowers, Tulsi leaves, sesame seeds, chana dal, and Prasad made with rice idols of gods.
The Puja Vidhi is as follows:The Puja Vidhi for Akshaya Tritiya is an important aspect of the day’s celebrations. Devotees follow the below steps to perform the puja:
- Clean the puja room and decorate the area with flowers and decorations.
- Place the idols of the gods for worship and offer sandalwood paste and flowers while chanting mantras.
- Offer the gold or jewellery purchased on Akshaya Tritiya for puja.
- While worshipping Lord Vishnu, devotees offer yellow clothes, incense sticks, sesame seeds, Tulsi leaves, sweets, chana dal, and Prasad.
- Recite Vishnu Sahasranama and Vishnu Chalisa during the puja offerings.
- Offer a special bhog to Lord Vishnu and seek blessings for prosperity and wealth in the home.
- Distribute the Prasad to family and friends who participated in the puja.
- Sing aarti and donate food to the needy and poor.
- Worship and offer food to the cow as it symbolizes love and warmth and is considered auspicious.
- By performing these puja rituals with devotion and sincerity, devotees believe that they can receive the blessings of the deities and ensure their eternal prosperity.
Download Your Free Wealth Horoscope Report
Mantras to be chanted while offering the puja.Below are the mantras to be chanted while worshipping each god.
Mantras for Lord Ganesh“Om Gam Ganapathaye Namaha“
“Vakratunda Mahakaya Suryakoti Samaprabha, Nirvighnam Kurume Deva Sarvakaryeshu Sarvada“
happy krishna janmashtami
Thank you for explaining dos and donts on akshaya thrithya.